Hosted by MIFBI, Co-Organized with WoodWorks
July 25th, Eberhard Center Grand Rapids, MI
Recent advancements in mass timber technology, coupled the desire for low carbon and renewable materials, has revitalized wood structural design. The engaging aesthetic of wood coupled with the expected cost advantage for mass timber products is expected to bring wood into cityscapes.
This workshop brings together experts who have a diverse and deep knowledge of the development of the mass timber revolution in North America.
- Latest developments in Mass Timber
- Sustainable wood, sustainable forests
- Mid-rise mass timber buildings
- Recent Code and Standard changes related to Mass Timber
- Mass Timber and fire retarding wood treatments
Attendees can earn up to 6 AIA/CES learning units.