Save the Date Announcement
June 18-19, 2018
Michigan-Finland Summit on Forest Bioproducts
The Michigan Forest Biomaterials Institute has partnered with the FinnZone to host the Michigan-Finland Summit on Forest Bioproducts this June 18-19, in Houghton, MI.
We are excited to be collaborating with Business Finland to host an economic delegation of Finnish forest bioproducts and technologies companies interested in investment, co-development/partnership and commercialization opportunities in Michigan and the U.S.
Business Finland is the Finnish innovation funding, trade, investment, and travel promotion organization, headquartered in Helsinki and supporting small and medium enterprises (SME’s). Business Finland is fully owned by the Finnish Government.
Other invitees: Who should come:
- Investors (private, strategic)
- Medium and large companies interested in international connections for partnerships, investment, etc. in forest bioproducts and technologies:
- Pulp & paper, packaging, and furniture companies
- Automotive, chemical, plastics, biomedical companies
- Entrepreneurs and SME’s involved in bioproducts
- Forest and allied sector non-profits/federations, etc.
- Circular economy and recycling organizations and companies
- Michigan government & commercialization services; Finnish government & commercialization services; U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Designers and creators interested in bio-based product creation and marketing
- Michigan Universities interested in collaborative research on forest biomaterials
Interested event sponsors can contact Mark Rudnicki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration, and agenda will soon be found RIGHT ON THIS PAGE – COME BACK AFTER MARCH 20TH.
MIFBI provides education and innovative services that foster the forest bioeconomy. We are a growing coalition of stakeholders across industry, academia, and government dedicated to the responsible and sustainable utilization of forest biomaterials for an improved quality of life in Michigan.
FinnZone is a commercial launchpad created to assist Finnish SME’s entering the U.S. market, and is a partnership of MTEC SmartZone, Finlandia University, the Finnish American Chamber of Commerce (U.P.) and Keweenaw Economic Development Alliance (KEDA)